November 24, 2021
3:00 p.m. BST | 4:00 p.m. CET | 10:00 a.m. ET
Investors around the world are becoming increasingly focused on creating positive real-world outcomes through their capital. This is hence a critical time for the investment community to reconcile the gap between the theory and practice of impact creation and measurement. One recent publication by Qontigo and Clarity AI addresses some key questions on what does and does not count as an impact investment, the best ways to measure company and investor level impact, and which companies and sectors have the most potential for impact creation.
On Nov 24th, 2021, we are bringing together an expert panel representing impact practitioners in investment management, academia, and financial services to discuss the following topics:
- Despite the significant rise in investment flows into impact, why are certain key systemic issues worsening?
- What are the different mechanisms of impact creation across different asset classes?
- How can the SDGs framework be used to measure company impact in a quantifiable way?
- How can investors translate impact intention into additionality and ensure inclusivity, especially in the context of public markets?
- What are trends in the type of companies and sectors contributing to impact?
- How can regulatory developments be expected to bolster or hinder the shift to impact fund flows?
Associate Principal, Sustainable Investment
Director of Impact Investing and Head of Sustainable Investing Research for Fundamental Equities
Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for Sustainable Finance and Private Wealth
University of Zurich