- Porsche Automobil Holding, Beiersdorf AG, Encavis AG and Nordex SE included in MDAX
- Several changes in SDAX and TecDAX
ZUG, 3 March 2021 – On Wednesday, Qontigo’s global index provider STOXX Ltd. announced changes to the DAX index family, which will become effective on 22 March 2021.
One change in DAX:
- Siemens Energy AG will be included and will replace Beiersdorf AG, which will be admitted to MDAX (regular entry rule).
Four changes in MDAX:
- Beiersdorf AG (downgrade from DAX) replaces Siemens Energy AG (upgrade to DAX).
- Porsche Automobil Holding (after admission of all issuers listed on the Regulated Market) replaces Aareal Bank AG (fast exit rule).
- Encavis AG replaces Metro AG (fast entry rule).
- Nordex SE replaces Osram Licht AG (fast entry rule).
Five changes in SDAX:
- Osram Licht AG (downgrade from MDAX) replaces Nordex SE (upgrade to MDAX).
- Metro AG (downgrade from MDAX) replaces Encavis AG (upgrade to MDAX).
- Aareal Bank AG replaces Hornbach Baumarkt AG (fast entry rule).
- Suess Microtec SE replaces Cropenergies AG (regular exit rule).
- Leoni AG replaces SNP Schneider-Neureither & Partner SE (regular entry rule).
One change in TecDAX:
- SMA Solar Technology AG replaces New Work SE (fast entry rule).
These changes are partly based on the new rules that were introduced as part of the current DAX reform, which have become effective on 25 February:
- Index eligibility extended to all issuers in the Regulated Market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Introduction of financial reporting requirements for annual and quarterly reports (comparable to current Prime Standard requirements)
- Introduction of requirement of audit committee
- Addition of regular DAX review in March
The DAX reform will be concluded in September.
The next scheduled index review is 3 June 2021.
DAX®, MDAX®, SDAX® and TecDAX® are registered trademarks of Qontigo Index GmbH.